Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Wax On...

Look what I found in my closet!! Digging around I found these contemporary silk kebayas from home, I'd forgotten how colorful they are!! Inspired by Times Of Glory's post on the beautiful art of batik-making.








Brocade and silk/lace kebaya.
This is what a contemporary kebaya looks like on a person.

5 cheer(s)!:

Imelda Matt - The Despotic Queen of Shoes said...

The prints are so beautiful that they need to be mixed with something so polar and extreme...what exactly, I'm not sure but in my head I fleshing out a Clockwork Orange vibe.

erin alison said...

give me the purple one NOW. or any of them, but the purple is my fave. i'm getting too plain in paris em. do you know what i bought yesterday? two grey jersey tops. different greys, of course, but i used to have so much color in my life! paris is sucking the color out and replacing it with grey!!! and black too. lotsa black.

(i'm a little comment-happy today...)

erin alison said...

p.s. is that your sister in the photo??????? or do y'all just kinda look the same? lol

erin alison said...

p.s. is that your sister in the photo??????? or do y'all just kinda look the same? lol

Bex said...

Hahhaha nah ern, it's a photo I dragged out of google image search...