Personality Analysis Fom ColorQuiz:
Bex's Existing Situation
Physical illness, over-tension, or emotional distress have taken a severe toll. Her self-esteem has been reduced and she now needs peaceful conditions and considerate treatment to permit recovery.
Bex's Stress Sources
Resilience and tenacity have become weakened. Feels overtaxed, worn out, and getting nowhere, but continues to stand her ground. She feels this adverse situation as an actual tangible pressure which is intolerable to her and from which she wants to escape, but she feels unable to make the necessary decision.
Bex's Restrained Characteristics
Exacting in her emotional demands and very particular in her choice of partner. The desire for emotional independence prevents any depth of involvement.
Bex's Desired Objective
Takes easily and quickly to anything which provides stimulation. Preoccupied with things of an intensely exciting nature, whether erotically stimulating or otherwise. Wants to be regarded as an exciting and interesting personality with an altogether charming and impressive influence on others. Uses tactics cleverly so as to avoid endangering her chances of success or undermined others' confidence in herself.
Bex's Actual Problem
The tensions induced by trying to cope with conditions which are really beyond her capabilities, or reserves of strength, have led to considerable anxiety and a sense of personal (but unadmitted) inadequacy. She attempts to escape into a substitute world in which things are more nearly as she desires them to be.
Bex's Actual Problem #2
Has a fear that she might be prevented from achieving the things she wants. This leads her to employ great personal charm in her dealings with others, hoping that this will make it easier for her to reach her objectives.
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Friday, January 25, 2008
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Thursday, January 3, 2008
As I had resolved not to have a New Year's Resolution for 2008 I thought I'd have a list of movies, books, things that I want to watch, read, do. Every year I make a list of resolutions and I never follow through because honestly, I couldn't be bothered to either save money, spend less, work more or whatever. So I thought I'll just wing it this year. All the important stuff will work itself out. Hopefully.
So I'm putting down a list of unimportant things that I want to do this year. I want to go to the movies more, shows more, read a lot more books. (Or finish reading the books I have now hahaha...)
1) The Art of Eating by MFK Fisher. I put it down in 2006 and haven't picked it up since. Shame on me. It's a classic, too.
2) Two Towns in Provence also by MFK Fisher. I read like a whole three chapters. What's up with that?
3) All Encompassing Trip by Nicole Del Sesto (Sorry Nicole, I MEANT to pick up a copy :p)
4) The next installation of the Inspector Lynley books by Elizabeth George (if it comes out this year...mannn the last one was a cliffhanger of sorts..)
5) The Lollipop Shoes by Joanne Harris, if I ever see it in an American bookstore..sheesh..
6) Ditto Sue Townsend's Queen Camilla.
I'm sure I will also be re-reading quite a few books. I tend to do that, you know.
Well, I'm sure I can find those books on Amazon.com, but I've never been big on buying books online..
I tend to stay away from movies like Knocked Up and Superbad, those movies filled with juvenile and grossed-out jokes and toilet humor. Instead I tend to go for foreign or indie movies with the occasional summer blockbuster thrown in. Not because I'm a snob but because at $10 a movie ticket we can't really afford to just go and watch anything at the movies. I'd rather go and see something like:
1) The Orphanage: Saw the trailer when we went to see Atonement, and it looked really good. A suspense along the lines of The Others, I think.
2) The Other Boleyn Girl: I read the book and thought it was really good. Plus I'm interested in Henry's wives, the Tudor court and English history in general.
3) I really need to pick up a copy of This Is England. I saw the trailer for it and I'm fascinated by skins, for some reason.
4) The Dark Knight: I thought Batman Begins was really good, and I'd watch the sequel. It's filmed in Chicago too, so I'd definitely watch this one.
5) Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: Come onnnn, it's Indiana Jones. And Harrison Ford. ;)
6) The Happening: Hopefully this M Night Shaymalan movie won't suck like the last two.
7) The International: I can't resist a Clive Owen movie!!!!
I'd like to go to more shows too, there are always good shows going on in Chicago. I'd really, really like to see Morrissey again, I've only seen him in concert once. Rise Agianst if they're touring. I missed the Company of Thieves show last month. I had to work..meh. The Faint better tour this year. I find that I like small venues better than big ones like The Congress Theater, where the acoustics aren't very good. The Metro is a good venue, as well as The Beat Kitchen. i don't quite know which bands I like will be touring this year, but I'd definitely try to go and see them play. No Lollapalooza for me though, I think I'm quite done with those. I'm not as young as I used to be :O)