Monday, March 10, 2008

How's This For Nostalgia?



When I was little, I used to read a lot of Enid Blyton (b. August 11, 1897). She was my most favorite author and is most probably responsible for me wanting to be a writer. I remember getting an expectionally good grade at school when I was 11, and my dad promising to buy me books for a whole year (Thanks to my dad for encouraging me to read). I read Blyton voraciously; her talent for writing and her imagination was limitless. Stories like St. Clare and Malory Towers made me go to boarding school, The Secret Seven and Famous Five Series made me want to play detectives, and who can forget about fairies and elves and pixies and the strange and colorful characters in the Faraway Tree series and The Wishing Chair stories?

I have a collection of her books but my lifelong dream is to collect every single Enid Blyton book ever published. I wish I could attend the Enid Blyton Day celebrations (May 10), but alas, it wayyyy over in England.....Are there any Americans out there familiar with her work? Come and be my friend... :)

In the meantime you can check out these sites on information regarding Enid Blyton.

The Enid Blyton Society

EnidBlyton.net

The Secret Blog



1 cheer(s)!:

^^Sleepy Jackson^^ said...

enid blyton!? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, i never read much when i were a wee nipper and it has not did me nothing problems, did u read books like jackie, judy, and those strange books for girl scouts?